Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fishing anyone? (Gross alert!!)

This I had to post.

I grew up in Southern Minnesota. My Aunt Helen and Uncle Dave lived on the Mississippi river in Northern Minnesota. It was often that we would go fishing for Walleye and Northern Pike. Back then it was fun to fish when you had a fish on the other end of the pole. Any other time it was rather boring. My Uncle mentioned to me at one point that I was probably more interested in girls than I was in fishing. I think there may have been some truth to that. Although if there had been a fish on the other end of the line all the time I think I would have enjoyed fishing more.

Fishing Anyone!
Now, unfortunately, when I have the patience I don't have the time...that is the way the life is sometimes. So what does all that have to do with a mission in the Philippines? Let's talk bait...in Minnesota when we were fishing for Northerns and Walleyes we would use minnows as bait. Occasionally we would use a lure to try a catch a monster fish. In the town I grew up in, Hammond, we would either hunt for night-crawlers at night or use electrical means to extract the worms from the ground.

Here in the Philippines they grow their own....that's all I have to say 'bout that....


jsf

No comments:

Post a Comment