Sunday, July 15, 2012

Unbelievable week!  I am chalking this week up to one liken unto returning family members back to our Loving Heavenly Father, having the home burn down and scratching my way through grad school.  So hard but so wonderful!  We put in about 16 hour days and I attempted to read more than I have since grad school.  Image the thrill of getting through the heart attacks and then having my baby's here and alive-but with nothing but positive, helpful and loving supportive teammates.  Never an angry word, or a negative comment, no one even frustrated or irritated and hundreds of people learning new languages and in an environment of complete love and happiness.  Only like heaven could this be comparable to.  After 4 days we can now pray, bear testimony-which is stating our understanding of how we feel about our Savior, Jesus Christ and his life and how his love influences us, making purchases and getting the basics of communication with transportation all in Tagolog.  We had about 6 natives from the Philippines come and communicate with us on top of our private tutors who were absolutely incredible!  I know that this was nothing we did on our own, we felt the prayers of our family and dear friends who promised to pray for us and the assistance of spirit of the Lord sustaining us.  As we left the MTC, I could feel spirit of peace change in the environment of the world.  Then after this incredible experience we went and watched Max and Charma in Vegas where we observed the most loving care giving  of them caring for her parents, as they struggle with Dementia and kidney failure.  Never a frustrating word of a job that is 24/7. Charna's attitude making them feel like she wants to be one where but there caring for them was so inspiring.  I kept thinking of the Savior caring for the sick and afflicted only because He wanted nothing more than to love and serve them.  How grateful I am for a family of members who set this example for Jeff and I always!  I love this experience and thank you all for your prayers and love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment