Saturday, July 28, 2012

Amazing, if I use this word to frequently it is because there is no other way to describe the intense difficulty and absolute joy we have experienced in these past few weeks.  For those who may not know, learning and studying in a traditional setting may be catogorized amongst the hardest experiences of my earthly life-I process differently than most and reading, copying, writing and studying literally creates a sensation in my skull of pressure to the point that an explosion of my skull cognitively represents the false illusion of a desired relief. (For Max and Kas-that was a run on sentence right?!)  I believe part of me felt that when we left and began serving full time we would be filled with peace and tranquility.  I have looked at some of my notes and realized, in the furry of trying to make my brain process at the speed of the instructors and Jeff's, what I have put on the paper is not even close to the characters we know in the English alphabet.  Even in grad school it was just a few hours of instruction and then out of the classroom.  At these points I sometimes wondered if I was going to drop to the floor in a fetal position and fall into tears-but that would negate the fact I need to be in control, not to mention the pounding of my skull would make it impossible to emotionally run away for awhile... thus I kept going. Maybe the Lord is also allowing me to understand a little of what Jeff experiences 24/7 with his intense pain without a moment of comfort.-yes, I do at times think of borrowing from his coctail of narcatics-relax, I've refrained. The unbelievable thing though is that within moments the spirit burns so strongly, please forgive the dramatic emphasis, I feel a desire to look around and make sure I hadn't left this earth to see if I was in heaven.  The sweet, peaceful spirit of the Lord becomes so strong there are no words, at least that I've ever learned, that would adequately describe these emotions.  
Now today we do our final packing and tomorrow night we go to the Philippines!  We have already fallen in love with people I have yet to meet.  The stories of the Philippines that have been shared, of their humility and dedication to hard work without adequate compensation, and willingness to give all they have, I will be so honored to be with and learn from them.
 Jeff on the other hand has been in heaven, he is one who loves to learn and has the gift of learning and is absorbing everything, this whole process puts him in a comfort zone where he thrives!  It is fun to watch him learn and have his only desire to be that he wants more.  We are so happy and excited to embark on the adventure of our lifes-may Heavenly Father's greatest blessings accompany each of you and know we love you-we have the greatest family and freinds this world has to offer!  See you in a few years!!!  Kumusta po kayo... mahal kita!!!! ( hi and love ya in Tagalog)

No comments:

Post a Comment